In January 2015, Zobros published the revolutionary level Nine Circles, his first original level. This level left the Geometry Dash community stunned, and became very popular. In late February, the unknown (at that current time) player SuperPizzaLuigi, made a remake of this level, with purple colors and an other Rukkus song of the same name: Fairydust. In late April, Softable and the well known ZenthicAlpha replicated respectively with The Realistic and Jawbreaker. Since this moment, the trend of Nine Circles levels had spread like wildfire, with dozens of this level in the next months, since May to August, made both from famous creators (Glittershroom, Dhafin, Andromeda and Minesap) and both from unknown creators, who became famous just creating a remake of Nine Circles (Crispy Dash, Artimiel, RedUniverse, N1XO). This trend declined with 2.0 update, since RobTop refused to give stars to other classical remakes of Nine Circles, except in very few cases. Then the creators experimented new styles and the 2.0 generation of Nine Circles levels was born with levels like Retro Circles, Circulatum, AnotherCircles and Ultimate Circles. Some people like Rulas and Rustam launched other trending styles like Ultra and XII Circles, that are even harder to replicate, especially the latter. In 2016, very few remakes got featured, and by this point in time, since even Zobros himself finds the trend overused, RobTop promised him any new Nine Circles level is likely to not get starred. However, Bausha Vortex, Nine CircleX, Despacito Circles and Bakuretsu are a few exceptions.
Design and Gameplay
The design of a typical Nine Circles level often consists of Tokyo Blocks and Hexagon Force's blocks, saw-blades and design principles introduced in Blast Processing, Theory of Everything II background and a squared ground. In ship and ball parts, Tokyo Slopes are used. In the wave, the creator uses 1.4-styled slopes, colored saw-blades and spikes, that flash concentrically together with the background. Usually, a Nine Circles level is usually made by these game modes (note that they don't always appear all in each level and their order may change, depending on the creator's preference).
- First cube: This segment is usually in single speed, features spikes, gears, orbs and some fake lines. It's sometimes somewhat easy to clear, with some exceptions like Problematic.
- Maze cube: This was first introduced in Fairydust and consists of many confusing blocks with troll rings, invisible spikes and many fake lines.
- Ship: This is usually in double speed and much harder than the cube and features spiked oblique columns, gears and gravity portals. This part requires crucial timing.
- Ball: slightly easier than the ship, is made by Tokyo slopes, clusters of spikes, gears and rings. The speed chosen is usually double.
- Transition cube: this is the easiest part of the level and is placed before the wave, or between two wave segments. It can be auto, partly auto, or with simple jumps. The speed is usually slow.
- Epileptic wave: This is usually the hardest part of the level, made by tight spaces, many gravity, speed and size portals, fake lines, saw-blades, spikes and dual routes. This parts require mashing and/or crucial timing. This is usually in triple speed but often speed is changed in different parts.
- Epileptic ship: introduced in Figures, is very clunky to control and requires straight flying and crucial timing. This part usually features gravity portals, rings and spikes. It doesn't appear in all Nine Circles levels.
- Epileptic cube: introduced in The Realistic, is easier than the wave, but tends to be buggy. The player must jump on "Circles slopes", avoid spikes and tap rings. This cube is typically found in that of the Ultra Series. These game modes are seldom going to involve epileptic UFO, ball or robot.
- Final cube: not always featured in a level. Moderately hard, loses its difficulty near the end. Typical of this part many fake lines and rings. At the end, the creator's signature and "GG" can usually be seen.
Each Nine Circles level sticks with one color scheme the majority of the time, although, on occasion, they have been shown to use multiple colors or be rainbow-colored.
List of Nine Circles Levels
The chronological list of all starred/featured (Not including "If X was Lvl 1" levels) Nine Circles levels. Note that Auto Circles, ex featured levels, Silent Circles, and other silent Nine Circles levels are not in the list. Also, any downgraded Nine Circles levels and each level that resembles Nine Circles effects without actually belonging to this category (e.g. Nightmare Realm II, Infernity, Warhead...) that are in the list will be removed.
|Level Name||Difficulty||Creator(s)||Soundtrack||Color Scheme|
|Nine Circles||10||Zobros||Nine Circles by Rukkus||Red|
|Beautiful Eyes||3||TGirl||Nine Circles by Rukkus||Black and Red|
|Fairydust||10||SuperPizzaLuigi||Fairydust by Rukkus||Purple|
|The Realistic||10||Softable||211 by Rukkus||Yellow|
|Figures||10||Glittershroom||Figures by Rukkus||Fuchsia|
|Jawbreaker||10||ZenthicAlpha||Jawbreaker by Rukkus||Blue|
|The Realistik v2||9||Irika||211 by Rukkus||Red-Orange|
|Astronaut 13||10||Minesap||Astronaut 13 (NK remix) by Rukkus||Shadow Gray|
|Headrush by Rukkus||Gray|
|Classic||10||CompleXx||Classical by Rukkus||Green|
|Silhouette||10||Havok||Figures by Rukkus||Lime Green|
|Poltergeist||10||Andromeda||Poltergeist (old mix) by Rukkus||Gray|
|Problematic||10||Dhafin||Problematic by Rukkus||Green/Turquoise|
|Classical||10||GDDarKz||Classical by Rukkus||Gray (previously: Hot Pink)|
|Evil||10||SrDeay +||Evil by Rukkus||Turquoise|
|Fear Me||10||Crispy Dash||Fear Me (NGADM entry) by Rukkus||Sky Blue|
|Classical||9||D4sh3r||Classical by Rukkus||Green/blue/gray|
|Fractured Circles||10||Artimiel||Fracture by Rukkus||Bright Fuchsia|
|Sine Wavs||10||Dorami||Sine Wavs by Rukkus||Lime/Olive|
|Crimson Clutter||10||RedUniverse||Sweet Dreams by Rukkus||Crimson|
|Rising Circles||8||TrigoniX01||Uprise by Envy||Purple|
|Space Circles||10||Suomi||Spaceman by Rukkus||Brown/Orange|
|Dorabae-Basic 10||8||Dorabae||Infiltration by ParagonX9||Multicolor|
|Down Bass||10||RealSpectra||DEV-BassDownLow Remix by Rukkus||Lime colored|
|Paracosm Circles||10||N1XO||Paracosm by Xtrullor||Lilac|
|Sharp Minor||10||ASonicMen +||ill Sharp Minor by Rukkus||Orange/Golden|
|Sweet Dreams||10||ItzAspi||Sweet Dreams by Rukkus||Purple|
|Infinite Circles||10||Startor||Infinite Power by TheFatRat||Red/Orange|
|Ultra Paracosm||10||Rulas||Paracosm by Xtrullor||Purple/Violet|
|Catastrophic||10||TheOne21||Problematic by Rukkus||Green|
|Crying Souls||10||Knobbelboy||Cry by Xtrullor||Green/Red|
|Retro Circles||10||Nacho21||Nine Circles (Xtrullor Remix)||Retro (Black/Green)|
|Ultimate Circles||10||Suomi||Nine Circles (Xtrullor Remix)||Rainbow|
|Future Circles||8||Milesman34||My Future by viewtifulday||Sky-Blue|
|End of the Circles||10||Serponge||This Game RMX Off Vocal by DJ Jo||Multicolor|
|SuperNova||10||Motu||Supernova by Xtrullor||Cyan/Lime|
|Solar Circles||10||D4rkGryf||Solar Wind by Jumper||Orange|
|Quasar||10||Allan||Genesis by Mafia Pineapple||Electric Blue|
|Golden Hope||10||Terron||Sourcream by AeronMusic (Previously- Monsta - Holdin' On)||Golden|
|Antique Circles||10||AncientAnubis||Jawbreaker by Rukkus||Brown/Amber|
|Invisible Light||10||Nacho21||Blacklight by Rukkus||Invisible (White/Gray)|
|Nine Circles XII||10||IIRustamII||Nine Circles (Xtrullor Remix) by Xtrullor||Red|
|Ultra Circles||10||IiIRulasIiI||Nine Circles by Rukkus||Red/Orange|
|Ultra Fairydust||10||IiIRulasIiI||Fairydust by Rukkus||Pink/Indigo|
|For The Taking||8||DylChill616||For the Taking by Rukkus||Purple|
|Circulatum||10||Ellixium (TheRealBayu)||Nine Circles (Xtrullor Remix) by Xtrullor||Red|
|The RealistiK||10||SeveranceD||Cry by Xtrullor||Gold|
|Windy Circles||10||KeiAs||Windfall by TheFatRat||Rainbow/white|
|AnotherCircles||10||Zyzyx||Nine Circles (Xtrullor Remix) by Xtrullor||Red|
|Infinite Circles v2||10||GMDomy||Infinite Power by TheFatRat||Red/Orange|
|Paracosm XII||10||FaKob||Paracosm by Xtrullor||Violet|
|Classical||10||RayOriens||Classical by Rukkus||Turquoise|
|Eighto Circles||7||Bamkii||Eighto by Jomekka||Hot Pink|
|Butterfly Effect||10||Linco||My Future by viewtifulday||Cyan/Turquoise|
|Circles Evolution||10||Findexi||Nine Circles (Xtrullor Remix)||Multicolor|
|Astronaut Circles||7||Matt88||Astronaut 13 (NK remix) by Rukkus||Red/Multicolor|
|Fairydust v2||9||C9 Sneaky||Fairydust by Rukkus||Purple|
|Fayrdust||9||TheMaster777||Fairydust by Rukkus||Purple|
|Blacklight||10||PanMan30||Blacklight by Rukkus||Yellow and Black|
|HeartBreaker||9||Nuclear Nacho||Eighto by Jomekka||Pink|
|Friday Night||9||Megaman9||Last Friday Night Rmx Wip by Rukkus||Various|
|Future Circles (KeiAs)||10||KeiAs||I Like Your Face by Xtrullor||Multicolor|
|Trump Circles||10||RLOL and more||The Great Trump Wall by Steampianist||Multicolor|
|Sonic Wave||10||Cyclic & Sunix||Sonic Blaster by F-777||Dark Cyan|
|Flat Major||10||EndLevel + Temporum + Metalface221||Ill Sharp Minor by Rukkus||Brown/Orange|
|Bausha Vortex||10||Pennutoh +||Fracture by Rukkus||Multicolor|
|Pulsar||10||llAkarill + Zhander||The Cosmos by MafiaPineapple||Multicolor|
|The Secret Box||10||Metalface221||Secret Box by Zanzlanz||Multicolor|
|Power||10||ToxYc||NK Headrush by Rukkus||Blue/Dark Blue|
|Despacito Circles||10||Terron +
Darwin + Kips
|Ground Zero by Dex Arson||Multicolor|
|Nine CircleX||10||Viprin +||Nine Circles (Xtrullor Remix)||Orange/Red/Yellow|
|Bakuretsu||10||Fairfax + RehanZ||Milky Ways Redux by bossfightofficial||Purple/Pink/White|
|Dark Angels*||10||GDTheTactiq||Dark Angel by F-777||Black|
|Dubsteps*||5||kawaii0653||Infinite Power by TheFatRat||Black|
|Reality*||9||VeMi||Realistik - 211||Dark Cyan|
|Nine CaveS*||8||BIGMAC77||NK - Nine Circles||Rainbow|
*Levels that are out of order due to lack of knowledge about its release date.
Downgraded/Deleted Nine Circles Levels
- Planet Circles (xSolar and Chillius)
- Astronaut 13 (Dzeser and CompleXx)
- Jawbreaker v2 (Real Cookieszs)
- Supernova Circles (Cyrillic)
- Sonic Wave (Cyclic), Note that this is the original copy of Sonic Wave uploaded under Cyclic's account
- Sharp (VeriFyed)
- Evil (TeazChaos)
- Figurative (lPianoMan)
- Robotic Wave (D4rkGryf)
- Hail Fire (jacksonv10)
- Frozen Jawbreaker (TheRealSneaky)
|Level Name||Creator||Soundtrack||Color Scheme|
|Planet Circles||xSolar+Chillius||PlaneT Ten by Rukkus||Gray|
|Jawbreaker v2||RealCookieszs||Jawbreaker by Rukkus||Blue|
|Supernova Circles||Cyrillic||Supernova by Xtrullor||Indigo|
|Blacklight||chipzz||Blacklight by Rukkus||Multicolor|
Many believe that Riot became the first to fully complete the Nine Circles series in late 1.9, however this is not true as he missed out Headrush. So, on the 2nd of August 2017, BlackWolfJ4ke (Temporum at the time) was the first ever to ever complete the entire Nine Circles series. Kevtom later became the second on the 18th of September 2017, after beating Nine CircleX.
- Before 2.0, triple saws had an outline in the 3rd saw, which made it look like it had 4 saws. (If the OBJ had 1.00 opacity.)
- This can still be done with advanced color combinations.