|This page is about an upcoming level. Please read at your own risk, as it may contain spoilers. It may be a stub.|
|Creator||Jakerz, set to be verified by BoldStep|
|Difficulty||TBA (Extreme Demon)|
|Song||Run Boy Run (Instrumental)|
Woodkid is an upcoming 2.1 Extreme Demon created by Jakerz and set to be verified by BoldStep, after EndLevel dropped the project from his return. It utilizes a black and white theme and contains difficult game-play as well as artwork in the background of the level, depicting two demons, a tiger, a spinning object, and a horse. According to Jakerz, in his newest decorated version, it has over +800k objects total, rendering it unplayable on many devices.
As of September 4th, 2018, the level is undergoing minor improvements before its verification process.
- Jakerz has stated that this will be his final level.
- Woodkid gained popularity after DollarC and Jakerz showcased the level.
- EndLevel had stated that his main priority is verifying Woodkid, but gave the project to BoldStep so he could work on verifying Renevant.
- Many people compare Woodkid to God Eater due to their themes involving deities, eccentric decoration, and rapid gameplay.
- Jakerz has publicly stated that arguments surrounding this are "stupid" and that there is "nothing to argue".
- The song is an unmodified instrumental version of "Run Boy Run" by French singer Yoann Lemoine, performing under the name "Woodkid", the origin of the level's name.
- The city art from the beginning of the level is inspired by the city from the song's music video.
- Due to the track "Run Boy Run" being copyrighted on Newgrounds, Woodkid will have to have its song replaced in order for the level to be featured.
- BoldStep released a redecorated preview of Woodkid on March 6th, 2018.
- The intro in the original preview for the finished decorated version is based on the first trailer to "Avengers: Infinity War".
- The Paramount Pictures opening is featured, despite Marvel Cinematic Universe films having been distributed by Walt Disney Studios since "The Avengers".
- The apparent "W" logo for the level is Wonder Woman's insignia as depicted in the character's 2017 film.
- As of October 1st, the video has apparently been taken down due to a "copyright claim by a third party." This is presumably due to either the usage of "Run Boy Run" or the aforementioned unauthorized usage of content relating to high-profile films.
- The video was reuploaded without the intro on October 4th.
- There has been controversy surrounding the fact that Woodkid's art is identical to (as it was mostly traced from) that of other artists, while there is a complete lack of credit on Jakerz's part.